The 2003 Willis E. Lamb Award for Laser Science and Quantum Optics
Awarded January 8, 2003, at the
33rd Winter Colloquium on the
of Quantum Electronics.
- Leon Cohen, City University of New York (bio)
- For pioneering work on quantum quasi-probability
distributions and the closely related applied field
of time-frequency analysis.
- Michael Feld, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (bio)
- For the first experimental demonstrations of
superradiance and the microlaser and for pioneering
applications of optics to biological physics.
- Herschel A. Rabitz, Princeton University (bio)
- For inventing the learning algorithm approach to the
coherent control of quantum phenomena with important
and wide-ranging applications.
||Herschel A. Rabitz
Return to Lamb Award Main Page